One of my favorite cookies, what I love most about this recipe is the dough, it has right consistency that makes shaping and cutting them such a easy task.
If you are using freshly grated coconut, dry roast for a few minutes until the moisture evaporates. At the time of baking, the entire kitchen is filled with nice aroma came from the coconut. Really delicious, you can't stop eating them.
Make sure to check them just before 10 minutes since it is easily browned, this recipe yields 20 cookies.
1 C corn flour
1/4 C all purpose flour
3/4 C grated coconut
1/4 C softened butter
5 T fine sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
* Preheat oven @ 170 C.
* Beat butter and sugar until well blended.
* Add both flour, coconut and essence to the butter mixture, stir on each addition and forms a pliable dough.
* Roll out the dough, cut using cookies cutter or shape into balls then flatten and place onto baking pan about an inch apart.
* Bake @ 170 C for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
* Cool on pan for 10 minutes then transfer into wire rack.
* Store into an airtight container when completely cool.
Ultimate Cookie Exchange Culinary Smackdown Battle - Cookies
81st Penny Pinching Party
Real Food Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Tutorials and Tips
Whats Cooking Wednesday
We Did It Wednesday
Whatcha Makin Wednesdays
Show And Share
Show And Tell
Sweet Tooth Friday