Friday, December 3, 2010
This is a simple and easy side dish to go along with steaming white rice or flat bread. Although my son is not a big fan of this veggie but this one is an exception. Using sliced onion, tomato and right balance of spices, this turns out incredibly delicious.
300g cauliflower cut into bite size piece
2 Onions chopped
2 Tomato chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ginger paste
3 garlic chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 T coconut milk
2 T cooking oil
1/4 tsp mustard seed
salt to taste
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 C water
* Soak cut cauliflower in hot salty water for 10 minutes, drain.
* Heat the oil, fry the cumin seed and mustard seed until fragrant, add in the onion, cook until light brown.
* Add in ginger, garlic, salt and tomato, cook until tomato turns soft.
* Now add the chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric, cook until raw smell goes.
* Add the cauliflower, coconut milk and 1/4 cup of water, stir then cover the pan and cook until cauliflower turns soft.
* Sprinkle curry leaves and check the salt. Remove from heat.